Release date: October 7, 2016
Format: Digital and Physical
Eccentric Pop Records (Vinyl) eccentricpop.com
Lost State Records (Cassette) loststaterecords.com
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Current Lineup: Per Facebook
- Hayley Crusher Cain
- Dr. Cain Crusher Cain
- Gabriel Crusher Olivarria
Favorite Tracks: Seventeen strum, Backseat Love, Jaywalkin, Jewel Case, Glitter and Glue
Sounds Like: Blondie, The Turbonaughts, The Dead End (Colorado), The Go Go’s, Lucy and The Rats, Joan Jett (Blackhearts/Runaways), FIDLAR, B-52’s, and Gambler’s Mark
Glitter surf punks Haley and The Crushers are catching a tide and swingin their way down to Colorado. We thought in proper CPRA fashion we would give their last album a review and help you get ready for their shows. Before I start this review here’s a list of their Colorado tour dates!
- Thurs. July 19 – Triple Nickel, Colorado Springs w/ Chief White Lightning (CA), Shiii Whaaa, Bad Year
- Fri. July 20 – Tooeys Off Colfax, Denver w/ Colfax Speed Queen
- Sat. July 21 – (Day Show) Mile High Parley Fest, Denver (UMS)
- Sat. July 21 – Pinball Jones Campus West, Fort Collins with Bad Decisions, BombThreat
- Sun. July 22 – Bar Bar, Denver (early show 6:30 pm)
The album is like riding a surfboard through the mind of woman starring in her own kick ass surf punk comic book. The fuzz is strong, the bass low, and drums straight out of a 60’s surf movie. Some of my favorites on the album are, ‘Backseat Love’, ‘Jewel Case’, ‘Jaywalkin’, and ‘Glitter and Glue’.
Overall this album is a blast to listen to. Their next album, “Cool/Lame is scheduled for release on 9/28/18! The range of influences is amazing. I hear punk era Blondie, the Go Go’s, and even the B-52’s. Here are some suggestions for Colorado acts they would pair well with The Dead End, Turbonaughts, Queen City Sinners, and Johnny Barber. So hit up their shows and get some merch to avoid shipping/handling!
Don’t forget Cool/Lame drops 9/28/18!