Fourbanger – Never Let Go
Release date: 7/31/2018
Label: No Affiliation Records
Location: Mesa, AZ
Current Lineup: (Per Facebook)
Kyle, Eric, Jason, and Jim
CPRA Favorite Tracks: Don’t Stop Running, Afterthought, Dead Sailor, Miles Away, and The Eagle Has Landed
Mesa, Arizona punks Fourbanger are set to release, “Never Let Go” on 7/31/2018 through No Affiliation Records. Our lucky butts were granted an early preview. As mentioned in many of our posts, No Affiliation is putting out some kick ass bands like, Bare Teeth, FoL, Latte+, Sid Broderius and The Emergency Exit, Sun-0-Bathers, The Follow Ups, The Bastards, Square Shapes, System Restore, Off The Mark, and Cero Viejo.
I have to admit this summer has been a hot one in Denver. Not only musically, but temperature wise. We don’t normally hit 100 degrees, but we have a few times already. So my 41 year old ass is feeling a bit exhausted. I really needed to change things up, feel a bit young again. So let’s check out, “Never Let Go”. Keep in mind since this is an early preview track order is subject to change.
1. Don’t Stop Running – This one has some strong riffs, great drums, very catchy vocals. I imagine.
2. Afterthought – This is my favorite track on the record by far. “And maybe I’m here, maybe I’m not, maybe I’m just an afterthought.” This track has some seriously addicting vocals, and some awesome drums. Hello Punk Tacos or Dying Scene? Are you there? What if we all exist as someone else’s afterthoughts? This song is another classic example of amazing, “Break Up Punk”.
“And maybe I’m here, maybe I’m not, maybe I’m just an afterthought.”
3. Going Going Gone – A little on the darker side. This song has some wonderfully well written lyrics. One of the aspects I love about melodic punk, even though lyrically a song can be somewhat depressing. The presentation of melodies can alter the overall mood.
4. Dead Sailor – My second favorite song on the record. It brings a message of hope, while bringing harder riffs and again brilliant drumming. “I don’t want to be just another Dead Sailor, I don’t wanna sink to the bottom of the sea. I don’t wanna watch my life drift away.” The lyrics on this are catchy, fun, and heartfelt.
5. Miles Away – I really like the intro rift into the song. The mix of different instruments, combined with the vocals make this song a stand out, like, ‘Afterthought’.
6. The Lonely Parade – A much slower track. I really love the melodies and acoustic sound.
7. Calling Out – “Is anybody listening?” Great drums, intro rift kicks ass!
8. Never Let Go – A simple love song. This one reminds me of when I was a teen. I’d make mixtapes for love interests. This track would make the list today!
9. Get Back Up – I’m not sure if I hear some keyboard use on this one, but it sounds beautiful. These guys could really sell some records to the teen crowd. Although It still appeals to the old guy in me.
10. Arizona Screamin – These guys really know how to write addicting and fun music. There’s piano and punk on this one!
11. The Eagle Has Landed – The last one on the album. This one’s much harder than the previous few tracks. I like the message of hope and sci/fi theme.
This album has a little bit of something for everyone. It’s fast, fun, and extremely addicting. In true No Affiliation fashion, Fourbanger has produced a kick ass record. This is one us older punks, should pass around to the younger generations. You never know. You may have a future punk on your hands.